Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
If you're anything like me then you know that the taste of a big cup of joe (coffee - of course) is simply deeelightful. For 7 years, coffee was my drink of choice. I'd look forward to having it in the morning and mid to late afternoon. Yep, I'd drink a cup of coffee twice a day.
Toward the end up 2017 I realized that my energy levels were always low, I'd feel anxious all of the time and I'd constantly have headaches. After a little bit of research, I found that coffee could potentially be the cause. To see if that was the case, I quit cold turkey. Let me tell ya, that wasn’t smart. The withdraws were rough. However, this is how I discovered matcha! I researched an alternative to coffee - and there it was. After about a week or two, I finally started to feel like myself again. My energy levels were higher, my anxiety decreased dramatically and my headaches went away!
I don’t get the same horrible side effects with match that I get with coffee because matcha releases the caffeine slower into the body over a 6-8 hours period. Coffee on the other hand, causes a rapid 30 minute spike.
A few benefits of matcha:
Loaded with antioxidants
Increases metabolism & burns calories
Detoxifies the body
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a cup of coffee every now and again. However, matcha is now my go to. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
SERVING(S): about 1 cup
1. 4oz of water
2. 3-4 ice cubes
3. 8oz of Almond milk (I like mine unsweetened)
5. Stevia extract (I like Trader Joe's powder brand)
6. Agave syrup
7. Bamboo whisk
1. Bring 4oz of water to a boil. If you have a Keurig, you can just set it to dispense 4oz of hot water into a large mug. You'll want to have a big enough mug to whisk the water inside.
2. Add a scoop of Vital Proteins Original Matcha with Collagen to the hot water. There should be a scooper provided in packaging.
3. Add a pinch of Stevia extract . If you purchased the Trader Joe's brand powder brand, just use 1 scoop of the little spoon provided.
4. Add 3-4 ice cubes to the hot water, matcha and stevia mix.
5. Pour the 8oz of almond milk onto the hot water, matcha and stevia mix.
6. Add a swirl of agave (about a teaspoon)
6. Stir up and enjoy!